Client: Magazine Publisher
A publishing house with multiple subscription generating sources can no longer fund continuing operating losses.
Scope of Work:
Identify sources of positive cash flow, aggressively manage working capital and implement a sustainable operating structure.
What Quantalyst Did:
- Implemented more effective process for collecting receivables.
- Conducted comprehensive cost/benefit analysis of marketing efforts for each product line.
- Rationalized product offerings.
- Identified branch operations for closure.
- Developed pro-forma operating plan and budgets.
- Collected $300,000+ of past due receivables.
- Consolidated non-performing branches.
- Management implemented restructuring plan based on Quantalyst recommendations leading to a successful management-led buyout of the firm. The publisher continues operations as a profitable, going concern.